Monday, June 8, 2020

Preparing For Orthodontics

McClellan Orthodontics

It’s completely normal to feel a bit apprehensive when you first consider going to an orthodontist. Whether your dentist has advised you to seek care from McClellan Orthodontics, or you’ve decided to do so on your own, there are a few things you can do to prepare for your initial exam at McClellan Orthodontics.

The first thing you should do to prepare for your initial exam is to learn more about orthodontics and understand your options. Start by visiting our website and familiarizing yourself with the different types of braces we offer and how they may or may not work for you.

Naturally when looking into orthodontic care several questions will arise. Be sure to ask Dr. Mart McClellan any questions you have as he is here to help you. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the entire process, we’ve come up with a list of questions you may want to ask at your initial exam.

  • Does getting braces hurt? Is there anything I can do to prevent or minimize pain?
  • Is there an estimated length of time that I will likely require braces?
  • How much should I expect to pay for my treatment? What are the payment options?
  • Will braces prevent me from playing my favorite sport or musical instrument?
  • How can I keep my teeth clean with braces?
  • How often will I be expected to come in for checkups and other appointments?
  • Is it likely that I will be wearing extra appliances in addition to braces to correct my overbite or other problems?
  • Are there specific foods I will need to avoid when I get braces?

At McClellan Orthodontics, our team receives frequent continuing education in order to ensure that we provide the most up-to-date care possible. Our patients will receive the same care as our own children, spouses, and relatives. If any other questions arise during or after your exam, don’t be afraid to ask. The McClellan Orthodontics team is here for you and will be here for you throughout the entire orthodontic process.

No comments:

Post a Comment